Today the Isle of Wight Festival 2017 have announced Rod Stewart to headline on Sunday 11th June in his only UK festival appearance next year. He has been delighting fans at sold out concerts up and down the UK as part of his ‘From Gasoline Alley to Another Country Hits’ arena tour.
Rod Stewart will bring his spectacular live show to the festival for the first time, performing a set of both classics and new hits in his dazzling signature style. As one of the best-selling artists in the history of recorded music, with over 200 million records sold worldwide his performance will include show-stopping classics spanning five decades including ‘Maggie May, Da Ya Think I’m Sexy, Baby Jane, the First Cut is the Deepest and I Don’t Want to Talk About It’. Festival-goers will also be treated to tracks from his recently released critically acclaimed platinum album ‘Another Country’, which debuted at Number Two last year.
Rod Stewart said: ‘I have been very lucky to have played many of the world’s finest venues and festivals – but never played the legendary IOW Festival. I am so excited to put that right. June can’t come round soon enough.’
Isle of Wight Festival Promoter, John Giddings said: ‘I’ve wanted Rod Stewart to play at the festival for a number of years – he’s an incredible icon with a career that’s spanned over five decades so it’s impossible to not be a fan. On Sunday night he’ll bring an incredible energy to create an unforgettable moment.’
Topping the bill on Sunday night, Rod Stewart joins the previously announced Saturday headliners Arcade Fire at the festival which takes place from 8th-11th June at Seaclose Park, Newport. Early bird tickets are currently on sale as well as day tickets for the festival – www.isleofwightfestival.com
For a VIP festival experience, exclusive glamping options are also on sale. Camp Kerala Mademoiselle provide Luxury Glamping backstage with room service and VIP transport.
Eve’s Tipis offer a luxury stay with a cocktail bar and hot breakfast options to kickstart your day. The much loved colourful Podpads will also be returning which include a power point to keep your phone charged throughout the weekend. Love Your Tent, Tangerine Fields and Pink Moon Camping also offer unique camping experiences for a weekend in style.
2017 will be the 16th Isle of Wight Festival since it was successfully relaunched in 2002 to become one of the most exciting weekends of the summer, and Sir Rod will take his place alongside a proud heritage of show-stopping headliners such as Foo Fighters, The Rolling Stones, The Killers, Paul McCartney, Coldplay, Blur and Fleetwood Mac.
A full range of ticket, travel and camping / accommodation options are available for The Isle of Wight Festival from www.isleofwightfestival.com.
Early Bird Tickets* (for a limited period only):
- Weekend with / without Camping – £175
- Day Ticket: Friday – £60 / Saturday and Sunday – £80
- Student – £155
- Teen – £125
- Children Under 12: Free
- *Prices subject to a booking fee
Disabled Access – must be purchased via the Ticketmaster Special Access Number 0800 998 440
- Camp Kerala Mademoiselle provide Luxury Glamping backstage with room service and VIP transport
- Eve’s Tipis – Try something different and stay in a tipi, plus enjoy cocktails or champagne from the bar or some hot breakfast options to start your day right
- Podpads – Bunk down in the colourful Podpads with solid wood or canvas options
- Love Your Tent – enjoy an ethical camping experience plus hot showers and a Poodle Parlour!
- Pink Moon Camping – Choose from a colourful collection of accommodation and enjoy your weekend with a unique camping experience
- Tangerine Fields – is every festival-goer’s dream for a hassle free camping experience. All you need to do is book a pitch and the rest is done for you.
A variety of travel options including ferry, speed boats, Big Green Coach Company and National Rail can be viewed on the festival’s website.
Tickets available here: www.isleofwightfestival.com