Celebrate the great British strawberry at the
‘STRAWBERRY FAIR’, Chessell Pottery
Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th June, 9:30-5:30 pm
Come and join us at this lovely summery event at Chessell and take part in some of the following fun activities taking place all weekend –
- Watch the strawberry pottery painting demonstrations in the studio (see how Hazel and the team decorate our own Chessell Ware strawberry range)
- Have a go at painting your own strawberry jam pot (special offer this weekend only, just £10- all in, including glazing and firing)
- Take part in the preparation of strawberries for next year’s Chessell strawberry jam and earn yourself a £5 café voucher
- Sample the homemade strawberry treats on sale in the Café, treat yourself to a Strawberry Tea (or book a full Chessell Afternoon Tea on a 3 tier stand) try the freshly baked strawberry scones, and other strawberry treats including strawberry milkshakes for the children. ‘Grown ups’ can enjoy a glass of Pimms with a fresh strawberry..!
- Punnets of Isle of Wight strawberries and strawberry plants for sale
- Free face painting for little ones
- Try your luck at our garden games which in turn will support the work of local organisation helping Island families, Foodbank.
…and STAY FOR A VERY BRITISH TEA!
Treat yourself to a quintessentially British tea – we’ll be baking strawberry scones with fresh strawberries, and serving them with our own homemade strawberry jam, thick clotted cream from Calbourne and pots of tea served in our own strawberry teapots!
All ages welcome. Free entrance. Disabled access. Baby changing. Free parking.
Decorating Studio, Gift Barn, Courtyard Café open daily 9:30-5:30 (closed Mondays during term time).
We will be running some games in the garden at the Strawberry Fair with volunteers from Foodbank to raise awareness of the important work foodbank do for our Island community.
Isle of Wight foodbank provides emergency food and support to local people in crisis. This is achieved through the public donating food either at Collection Points or Supermarket Collections. Food is then sorted and distributed to the Distribution Centres.
Frontline care professionals such as health visitors, jobcentre etc give foodbank vouchers to people in crisis and these can be exchanged for three days worth of food at a foodbank Distribution Centre.
For more information www.theisleofwightfoodbank.com
Chessell Pottery Contact details :
Louise Collins 01983 531858, mobile 07917 567001